Sunday, 14 April 2013

A Little Request...

(First posted on Violets and Daisies on Tuesday, 12th of March, 2013)

I must apologise to you all for not posting in a while. I really don't have any excuse for it except that I have been suffering from "writer's block" and have been a bit busier as the year gets going. 
Pinterest
For once, I really don't have much to say to you my dear readers or even to share. In fact, what I have is more like a request for you: please pray for me! I, like everyone else, am a sinner who gets things wrong on a daily basis and as this is a sinful world too, we all go through bad times in our lives. So please pray that however much I struggle with sin and however bad the trials are that the Lord calls me to go through, that I would remain steadfast in Him.
One thing that  I have found particularly helpful over the last year or two is blue-tacking little verses and quotes onto my bedside table. This means that the last thing I see before going off to sleep is some little encouragement or reminder from the Lord. Here are a few of the ones that have really helped me:
  •  My faourite - the one that has helped me so much over the past year - is a little card that says "Sleep well...everything is under control. - God" and then includes a quote from Psalm 3:5: "I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the Lord sustains me." Seriously, this is what I need to be reminded of every day and it helps me to go to sleep each night with the assurance that nothing will happen or has happened that is not under God's control.Therefore, I don't need to worry! (Something I do all the time).
  • Another card I have is from Daisy and is Romans 8:28 - "For we know that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord ... to those who are called according to His purpose." This helps me to remember that whatever trials I may be going through that day or the next, it will ultimately be working together for my good.
  • My mother gave me a card that reads, "Today...Let there be peace within me, trusting that God has planted me right where I am meant to be." which also has Psalm 138:8 on it: "The Lord will work out His plans for my life, for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever." It is so tempting for me to spend the last few moments before I go to sleep complaining to the Lord about my lot in life and I often struggle at the moment with trusting that He has put me in the right place and that He knows where I am headed. Father, help me I pray!
  • A final card I have blue-tacked onto my bedside table that I will share with you is from Hyacinth and Lily which is quoting from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7: "Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does  not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoicies in the right. Love bears all things , believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." Seriously, it amazes me how many times I can read this verse and yet on a daily basis still fail to get it right!
I fully encourage you to do something similar: it's amazing how much this has helped me! Especially if you (like me!) are no good at committing loads of verses to memory, then it helps to have them tacked up in places where you will see them throughout the day and be reminded of Biblical truths.
 
God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment